Meeting held on Wednesday February 21st 2023.
Apologies from Utta, Maureen, Micheal, Martha, and Maria.
Meeting Chaired by Grainne Furey.
Firstly we would like to welcome our new members Melissa, Ditte and Tony you are most welcome to our Network.
On Wednesday night we had two very interesting and informative presentations by Derick Bora and Pat Deasy.
Pat thank you for your presentation, it was very enjoyable and informative on Bee Conservation, I now know why I have circular cut outs on my plants at certain times every year, its Mr Bee aptly named (The Leaf Cutter Bee).
Derick thank you for your presentation , it was so interesting and informative, really looking forward to seeing this project on the aptly named Keane Park Pond coming to fruition.
Thank you all for your attendance and participation.
Next Network Meeting 22nd March 2023.
Secretary Blue and Green Community Network.
Updates were given by Grainne Furey and Maria Power in relation to:
- Community garden – two workers joining part-time on Feb 1 st which will facilitate a greater opening and support of community garden participation and growing. Garden space started, will open to the public later in Feb and hoping to have six week course running in March.
- Heritage keepers programme – running for six weeks one evening per week online.
- Creative Climate Action funding application – artists being interviewed currently. Short listing by Feb 3 rd and will go out to Network then for decision.
- Website due to finished end of this month – Kieran McCarthy.
- Recruitment – one outstanding post to be filled. Will be completed next week.
- Video production – 6 almost done and 2 to be done by the end of January.
- Knockanore Oak project: Two ecologists and photographer will work with group on this project over 2023. Network will support its implementation.
- New members: request by three people to join the Network. This will be considered in the coming weeks once comms, membership database and TOR have been reviewed.
Gráinne will send out Quarter 1 (Q1) events to Network members in the coming days. We will also highlight upcoming climate week events also.
It was suggested that the Network make the ‘Blackwater’ a focus of March/April for all members. It was also requested if we could get a map of public spaces in Youghal – need to look into this?