Updates were given by Gráinne Furey and Maria Power in relation to:
- Community garden – two workers joining part-time on Feb 1 st which will facilitate a greater opening and support of community garden participation and growing. Garden space started, will open to the public later in Feb and hoping to have six week course running in March.
- Heritage keepers programme – running for six weeks one evening per week online.
- Creative Climate Action funding application – artists being interviewed currently. Short listing by Feb 3 rd and will go out to Network then for decision.
- Website due to finished end of this month – Kieran McCarthy.
- Recruitment – one outstanding post to be filled. Will be completed next week.
- Video production – 6 almost done and 2 to be done by the end of January.
- Knockanore Oak project: Two ecologists and photographer will work with group on this project over 2023. Network will support its implementation.
- New members: request by three people to join the Network. This will be considered in the coming weeks once comms, membership database and TOR have been reviewed.
Gráinne will send out Quarter 1 (Q1) events to Network members in the coming days. We will also highlight upcoming climate week events also.
It was suggested that the Network make the ‘Blackwater’ a focus of March/April for all members. It was also requested if we could get a map of public spaces in Youghal – need to look into this?