- The Energy Master Plan for Youghal, the second draft has been sent out to the sub committee, pleaseread, and give feedback by the end of next week, the master plan is progressingvery nicely, it was suggested to get a professionalengineer to look over this plan before the final draft is agreed upon.
- Update on our stand alone Hub, Kieran McCarty and Micheal Twomey will be making a 8-10 minute videos, these videos will be in relation to Climate action, Biodiversity ,Marine and Environment, conservation, protection etc, the first two areas to be included are Ballyvergan Marsh and the Slob Bank.Leader are funding this Project.
- Our story board launch will be on Friday April 1st 2022 7pm, all networkmembers are welcome, Fishing Families in the area are very welcometo attend. On the night Minister Noonan will attend, representatives from Bord Iascaigh Mhara, also the Mayor of Cork County Council.
- Margaret Buttimer will speak on the night and if there are any local fishers with fishing stories please come forward.
- One Plan presentation on renewable energy will be rescheduled to March 8th 2022 (tbc). Presentation to be sent out.
- DP Energy Presentation re renewable wind energy offshore to be rescheduled.
- Maria spoke on the surveyresults re our Network which were very encouraging, Maria will share the report with all members.
- The topic of a steering committee was suggested to help to move the Network in the right direction, and to enable the network to become independent, meetings would be once a quarter, all interested contact Maria.
- Rosie has stepped down as the Treasurer, thank you Rosie for your contribution to date, very much appreciated, so again if anyone would like to volunteer for this role please contact Maria.
- Derick informed us that we have applied for a grant for Biodiversity plans in the quarry to LAWP and also gave us an update on the Otter projects for Youghal.
- Martina thanked Martha for the B n G “more clay less plastic Ireland eco awareness workshop” where a group from our network made some beautiful bird feeders, it was a Lovely experience. well done Martha. Please take some pictures everyone and put them on our Blog. Thank you to Maria for organising and Hayley for the refreshments.
- Hayley suggested doing some public events to raise the profile of the Blue and Green Network across more areas of the town.
- Suggested by members present to have a face to face meeting on Wednesday March 23rd 2022. Venue to be agreed.
Join us for a free festive celebration with the Youghal Blue and Green Community Network on Wednesday, 13th December at 7 PM at Cumann na
VIDEO LAUNCH: Wednesday, December 13th @ 7PM Mark your calendars for Wednesday, December 13th, as we gather to celebrate the launch of our networks new